A new opportunity has arisen for an innovate and fast growing apprenticeship training provider. This varied role is designed to support apprentices and trainees with non-accredited Maths, English and Digital through to level 2 functional skills. The environment is very fast paced with a supportive culture of people that want to deliver the best training in the UK. If you are looking for a challenge and have great Maths and English skills we would love to hear from you.
Role Title: Functional Skills Coach
Main Office Location: Manchester/Bolton or field based
Date: May 2021
Reports to: Skills Director
- To manage the curriculum and learning process with learner groups from start through to certification.
- Delivery of all parts of the ESFA documentation and all aspects of functional skills in maths and English up to level 2.
- Achievement of enrolment targets for accurate completion of ESF and ESFA funded paperwork including timely submission.
- Achievement of qualifications within funded timescales.
- Achievement of company aspirational overall success rates, timely success rates and retention rates for learners.
- Compliance to carry out all company processes as laid down by ‘Standards and Curriculum’ and Quality.
- To understand and play an active role in curriculum development and standardisation processes.
- Ensure all courses are delivered in line with agreed schedules of delivery including the facilitation of initial assessment and providing robust personalised support plans for all learners.
- To undertake any other duties as deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
- To complete all courses in line with company methodology and understand and create schemes of work and lesson plans.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed correctly before submission, ensuring that portfolios are assessed and returned within company timeframes.
- Manage client/partner relationships on site and represent the business to a high standard working ethically and with integrity.
- Maintain tutor caseload recruiting learners where required.
The following criteria are essential, the candidate must:
- have the ability to use Microsoft office tools effectively and be able to use Microsoft Excel and Outlook to a good standard.
- understand ESFA funding requirements and experience of delivery ESFA, ESF, Big lottery, DWP or similar programmes.
- have an excellent command of English and maths and be able to clearly communicate over the phone and in writing.
- 3 PTLLS, L3 Award in Education and Training, Diploma or Certificate in Education, Bachelors or Masters Degree in Education, City and Guilds Teachers Certificate (Or equivalent))
- Maths and English Qualifications (Level 2 Functional Skills, GCSE (Grade “C/4” or above) A ‘levels)
- proven experience of functional skills delivery
- Internal Quality Assurance or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to work independently and remotely.
- A willingness and attitude to learn and develop themselves personally and professionally.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- A requirement for interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Possesses a positive and can do attitude.