1. Action: subcontractor declaration for adult delivery, including apprenticeships and traineeships, and for the first time, for 16 to 19 provision
The deadline for making subcontractor declarations has been extended to close of business on Friday 29 November.
Thank you to the majority of providers who have made their declarations. The extension will help some providers who have yet to make their declarations, due to technical difficulties.
We set out the detail of this in Update on 23 October 2019. This is the:
- first ever collection for 16 to 19 provision and covers the period from August 2019 to July 2020
- second collection for levy and non-levy funded apprenticeship delivery for the year from April 2019 to March 2020
- first collection for all other adult delivery for the year from August 2019 to July 2020
Schools and academies are not required to complete this declaration for their 16 to 19 provision.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the ESFA online contact form.
2. Information: submission of college financial returns
Colleges are required to submit their financial statements and supporting documentation to ESFA by Tuesday 31 December 2019. The submission arrangements have changed for 2019 and colleges should now submit their documents online via the on-line portal.
Further details can be found on the college accounts direction page on GOV.UK.
3. Information: building component reminder
The Department for Education (DfE) wish to remind building owners of a message issued in December 2018 about a building component failure in a property constructed using Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (RAAC). RAAC was generally used in construction in the UK between the mid-1950s and 1980.
LGA has published advice along with suggested steps to take. This includes a link to additional information from the Standing Committee on Structural Safety.