1. Action: declare your subcontracting arrangements for adult funded programmes
Organisations delivering ESFA funded adult programmes, including apprenticeships traineeships, and FE Institutions delivering 16 to 19 provision, must declare their subcontracting arrangements by Friday 15 November 2019. Schools and academies are not required to complete this declaration for their 16 to 19 provision.
This is the first ever collection for 16 to 19 provision and covers the period from August 2019 to July 2020.
The process for collecting subcontractor declarations is through the Manage Your Education and Skills Funding Service (MYESF).
You will need to be one of the following MYESF roles to complete and submit a declaration:
- contract authoriser
- contract manager
- data returns and claims authoriser
You can check the user roles and permissions in MYESF.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the ESFA online contact form.
2. Reminder: Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP)
All organisations who were listed on RoATP, as of December 2018, have been issued with an invitation to reapply during a specific monthly window. The final window closes on 30 November 2019. It is important that you reapply in the monthly window you have been allocated.
If you are a lead provider who subcontracts any part of their provision out to other providers, please ensure that your subcontractors have submitted their application to either join or remain on RoATP.
Please direct any queries to RoATP.MAILBOX@education.gov.uk.
3. Information: interest free loans to fund energy saving projects
Salix Finance is available to help you upgrade to more efficient technology such as LED lighting, new boilers or insulation, to improve the learning environment, reduce emissions and save money.
There are no up-front costs and the interest free loan is repaid through savings made on your energy bills. Salix Finance, is a government funded organisation available to maintained schools, academies, free schools and sixth form colleges.
4. Information: qualification achievement rate (QAR) dashboard updates on View Your Education Data
After receiving extensive user feedback, we have made improvements to the QAR dashboard. Consequently, we will publish a new version of the dashboard by Friday 25 October 2019.
For more information on the changes, please see the Inform article that we will publish at the end of this month.
Thank you to those who shared their feedback with us so far. We are keen to ensure that the QAR dashboard meets your requirements, so please continue to leave feedback by clicking on the ‘Feedback’ button, which is at the top of each tab in the dashboard.
5. Information: new funding reports guidance
We have published version 1 of the guidance on the 2019 to 2020 ILR funding reports. This guidance for young people and adult programmes covers:
- 16 to 19 (excluding apprenticeships)
- adult education budget (devolved and non-devolved)
- all apprenticeships
- European Social Fund
- Advanced Learner Loans bursary
- Community Learning
The key changes from last year’s reports are:
- added ‘Devolved Adult Education Funding Summary Report’ and the ‘Devolved Adult Education Occupancy Report’
- adult funding line types have been introduced
- ESF Round 1 reports will no longer be produced following the end of ESF Round 1 contracts in April 2019
- removal of the ‘Beta Apps Co-Investment Contributions Report’ and the ‘Career Learning Pilot Occupancy Report’
6. Information: 16 to 19 revenue funding allocations for 2019 to 2020
We have published the 16 to 19 revenue funding allocations for academic year 2019 to 2020.
The publication covers schools, academies and further education institutions funded by ESFA for 16 to 19 year olds and 19 to 25 year olds with an education, health and care plan.
We publish 16 to 19 allocations data annually in the interests of transparency.